Please take the time to read and understand the reasoning behind this product.
I had a vision and it has taken form. It's been a long ride to get here. This site is dedicated to a special project that has been a thought stuck in my head for years. Finaly one day I had to start...
Is This for you?If you answer yes to any of these question you may want to follow the development of this project.
- Are you a technician who needs to use cdroms constantly
- Are you always looking for those cdroms that you know you just saw somewhere
- Have you ever been on a service call reaching for that cdrom and you forgot to bring it
- Waiting what seem like forever for a cdrom to boot up
- Need to switch between a bunch of cd's constantly trying to fix something
This has all happened to me in the 20 years of computer service calls, so I started thinking about this project....
Well how about:
- being able to carry a whole library of cdroms in one USB device.
- Changing cdroms is as easy as a couple of button strokes.
- Not a single driver needs to be loaded on any system - ever.
- Cut your time waiting for cds to load in half or more.
The USB CD Rom Emulator uses a SDCard for the backend storage (avr32 bit). HDD and soon SD (avr8 bit). So the storage is limited to whatever size of SDCard/HDD you use( ex. 8gig can hold 26 cd's averaging 300mb per iso file).
Seperate your iso librarys using multiple SDCards or just use one. Loading new ISO's is as easy as a couple button strokes to put the emulator into MassStorage Mode and copy the ISO directly using any host computer.
Fast CDRom emulation - Current development is running at 85x CDRom speeds, with faster speeds to come, The emulation interface is USB High-Speed so 85x is just a fraction of the final throughtput possable. (avr32 bit)
All function are handled through an LCD interface with 4 button control. Verry easy to understand menus and verry few buttons. Easy to use interface designed to be intuitive.
No battery power needed, all power needs handled through the USB interface. As long as the systems is on the CDEMU is also on, no worring about running out of battery power while on the road.
This is just the start, once the basics are worked out and flawless then i will be adding new features, like: simulated usb keyborad for automated tasks, floppy emulation, etc... this project will grow.Please feel free to follow the progress as this project matures.